Layout Builder: Beyond the Basics
You’ve heard the buzz about Layout Builder. It was only released in May 2019 as a stable addition to Drupal core, but Layout Builder has already dramatically changed how we build websites–for the better. While it provides site builders and content creators with a robust set of tools through the UI, there's even more that can be accomplished in code. This session will explore how to extend Layout Builder in code, including the following topics:
- Creating your own layouts
- Adding settings to layouts
- Making layout settings available to block and field templates
- Writing your own Layout Builder Restrictions plugin
- Altering Layout Builder block forms (it’s a pain, but don’t worry–we wrote a module for that)
We’ll also cover some gotchas and current issues with Layout Builder.